The State Health Plan is conducting a dependent eligibility verification audit. The purpose of the audit is to ensure that all dependents currently enrolled in the State Health Plan are eligible to receive coverage. The audit began May 22, 2017, and concludes July 31, 2017. If you carry a dependent on your insurance, you should have recieved a letter from the State Health Plan at your home address and an email from UNC Charlotte's Benefits Office.
What You Need to Know
State Health Plan members who are currently covering dependents under the Plan must verify each dependent’s eligibility for coverage. Under the audit process, members are required to respond and submit the necessary documentation for each covered dependent no later than July 31, 2017.
In the letter sent to your home address, there was a brief summary of documents you could use to prove eligibility, but it was not exhaustive. A full list of acceptable documentation is available on the Plan's website.
Failure to respond and produce the required documentation will result in termination of the dependents’ coverage under the Plan effective August 1, 2017.
How to Provide Documentation
You can use one of the following ways to submit your documentation.
Submit via eEnroll
1) Log into uncc.hrintouch.com. Please note: The log-in credentials are not necessarily the same as your NinerNet credentials. This is the same username and password used for making your insurance/open enrollment elections. Some employees use their University 800 ID number as their username. There is an option on the log-in screen for help if you have forgotten your credentials.
2) Once you log into the system, select Click Here to View Your Benefits under Enroll Now.
3) In the Important Messages for You section, you will see "Dependent Verification Document Request." Underneath that, click My Document Center.
4) The document center page will appear with two options:
- Option A: Click Add Document, complete the information and select Save. Then, click Associate an Existing Document under the Dependent section. When a window appears, select your file (document type) from the list and click Associate this Document to match the document to the correct dependent.
- Option B (RECOMMENDED): Look for the section with your dependents listed. Click Upload a Document under each dependent, complete the information and select Save to match the document to the correct dependent.
- You may provide a scanned copy of the document or take a photo with your smartphone.
5) Upload all required documentation and select Next to submit your documents for review.
Under Important Messages for You, you should see "You have documents pending approval." You can log back into eEnroll to check the status of your document verification. The current status will be reflected under Important Messages for You.
Submit with fax or email -- no hard copies
If you do not have access to eEnroll, you can fax the documents to 866-742-6444 or email the documents to SHPDependentAudit@benefitfocus.com. Hard copies sent through the mail will not be accepted
You are required to include in either the fax or email:
- Your full name
- Each dependent’s full name
- The State Health Plan ID number located on your Plan ID card*
- The name of your employing unit (UNC Charlotte
If all this information isn't included, your request will not be processed.
*If you do not have your State Health Plan ID number, call the Eligibility and Support Center at 855-859-0966. Remain on the line through the first series of options, press 1 as an active member and speak to a representative to request your State Health Plan ID number or a new card.
If you are submitting any documentation that contains a Social Security number (SSN), you should black out the number. A SSN is not required for you or your dependent(s) as part of the verification process.
You should also black out any account information, financial transactions, account balances or other information that is not pertinent to the process.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 855-859-0966, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST or at SHPDependentAudit@benefitfocus.com. Please note: You are likely to experience longer wait times when calling the support center because of increased demand.
For more information, you can also visit the Plan’s website at shpnc.org.