Retiree ID Cards:
Retirees can turn in their staff ID card to the ID Office (located on the first floor of the Student Union) to obtain a retiree card at no cost. If they do not have their staff ID card to return, a retiree can obtain verification of retirement from Human Resources (located in King 222), then proceed to the ID Office where a retiree card may be purchased for $15.
Retirees are welcome to purchase fitness memberships. Information pertaining to the various membership levels available can be found at https://urec.uncc.edu/memberships.
UNC Charlotte retirees receive free library privileges, which means they can check out up to 6 items at a time. These items are available for a 21 day checkout.
No parking benefits are provided to retirees. This does not apply to emeritus faculty.
WeSave discount program:
Nation’s leading online savings network No-cost (FREE) discount/benefits program Coupons from local retail merchants, special deals for popular national brands, and an online shopping for 1,000+ merchants. Reference https://www.wesave.com/.
Perks as an emeritus professor:
The Office of Academic Affairs oversees the role of Human Resources for faculty members. Nomination for emeritus status must come from the faculty member’s department. Per the University Policy 102.5, Emeritus Faculty, a list of privileges granted to emeriti faculty is listed below:
- University identification card;
- The use of University recreational facilities under the same conditions applicable to the faculty;
- The use of Library facilities and Library electronic resources under the same conditions applicable to the faculty;
- University email account;
- Inclusion in the University Catalog, the Campus Directory, and all other formal listings of the faculty;
- Invitations to University Commencement and other similar events;
- The opportunity to purchase tickets for University athletic and cultural events at faculty rates;
- Receipt of University and Alumni Publications; and
- Campus parking at no charge.