The Human Resources Department provides three scholarships annually for qualified individuals to attend the highly regarded Leadership Development Program offered through the internationally respected Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, NC.
WHO: LDP Target Audience
The Leadership Development Program (LDP)® is designed for Leaders of Managers
• Experienced managers who lead other managers and senior professionals.
• Operational, group or departmental managers.
• Leaders who work up, down and across the University.
WHAT LDP Participants Will Learn
By applying the lessons of LDP, leaders will be able to:
- Communicate direction, achieve alignment and build commitment to bridging the gap between senior management and the front line.
- Gain critical perspectives, create buy-in and manage politics through collaboration.
- Solve complicated problems and take wise action amidst complex, rapidly changing conditions.
- Build resiliency and leverage multiple life roles to effectively manage stress and become more effective.
- Demonstrate the competencies CCL research shows can turn management challenges into leadership opportunities:
• Learning agility
• The ability to think and act systemically
Click here to learn more about The Leadership Development Program® at CCL.
WHEN & WHERE: LDP Logistics
Value of Tuition: $7,600
Length: 5 days (Sunday night to Friday)
Average Class Size: 24; Instructor Participant Ratio = 1:12
Coaching: Half-day one-on-one session; 2 follow-up phone calls
Location: Greensboro, NC
Dates: TBD post pandemic
Graduates of LDP from UNC Charlotte say…WHY: LDP Benefits
• LDP participants are reported to have a greater impact on their organizations and to achieve improved business results after attending the program.
• LDP is consistently ranked by program alumni, managers and executives as one of the best leadership development programs in the world.
• LDP has helped develop over 50,000 leaders in over four decades.
• LDP has evolved over the years in response to changes in the workplace and as new research findings, new best practices and new technologies emerge.
HOW To Apply for Sponsorship
Click here to apply.
Participation in this program does not, in any way, imply or promise participants promotion to higher level positions or salary increases. Participants in this program will be expected to participate in merit-based selection procedures for promotional opportunities.
Due to the significant investment of the university in this program, participants are expected to remain in the employ of the University for at least one year upon completion. Should a participant voluntarily leave University employment for a position other than a promotion within North Carolina state government, s/he may be required to reimburse the University for a prorated portion of program costs in accordance with North Carolina State Personnel Manual, Section 3, Page 17.
This application form will be considered part of the employee personnel file. It is subject to policies regarding treatment and confidentiality of personal information. This information will be treated with the same sensitivity as other personnel-related information; it may be viewed by the employee's manager, other individuals involved in the selection process which include previous participants in this program, employees within the Human Resources Department, and members of the Chancellor's Cabinet. The employee will have access to information submitted through this application process.
Click here to a list of UNC Charlotte graduates of the Center for Creative Leadership: Leadership Development Program (LDP)®
Learn how this leadership development program inspired growth and success for participants.
Darius Griffin, 2012 CCL Leadership Development Program Graduate
Claire Kirby, 2015 CCL Leadership Development Program Graduate
Lori McMahon, 2016 CCL Leadership Development Program Graduate
Zach Rutledge, 2014 CCL Leadership Development Program Graduate