The Employee Relations unit of the Human Resources Department is happy to sponsor at least four (4) work and life Lunch & Learn (L&L) programs for our faculty and staff presented by ComPsych Guidance Resources, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider.
The intention of these programs is to provide personal development topics that may improve an aspect of your work and/or home life. If you are interested in receiving email notifications regarding these scheduled events please join our Google Group and/or go to the Learning & Organizational Development registration site to see our upcoming offerings listed under the Lunch & Learn category.
Additional L&L programs during the academic year, presented by ComPsych Guidance Resources, are sponsored by the Mental Wellness subcommittee of the Advisory Committee to the Chancellor for Employee Health and Wellness (ACCEHW). You can find more at myhealth.uncc.edu.
Upcoming Events - Join our Google Group here!
THE SANDWICH GENERATION: BALANCING YOUR PERSONAL LIFE WITH THE NEEDS OF YOUR OLDER PARENTS OR LOVED ONES
Thursday, September 13 @ 12:00PM - Register here
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Identify the challenges people in the sandwich generation face
• Describe work-life balance challenges
• Describe emotional issues
• Identify ways to cope with the stress of the sandwich generation
• List ways to find time for yourself
• Describe the importance of taking care of your health
• Describe ways to make sure your life is well-organized
• Identify ways to ask for help
• Determine who else can be involved in care
• Describe how to create a task list for elder care
• List outside resources that can help
THE ART OF PATIENCE - Watch taped webinar NOW
*By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
• Identify the characteristics of impatience
• Uncover the signs of impatience and its effects
• Discern how to locate your personal impatience triggers
• Identify methods to counter impatience
• Describe and employ procedures to manage the symptoms of impatience
• Engage in the “Art of Intelligent Waiting”
• Describe how to wait with purpose, intent, and belief.
BALANCING WORK AND LIFE - Watch taped webinar NOW
- Identify the components of a balanced lifestyle
- Identify what is out of balance in your life
- Identify the relationship between stress and balance
- Identify and explore the balance between home responsibilities, career requirements, and leisure activities
- Describe how to create your own balance diagram
- Identify the right questions to achieve balance