To: All Supervisors of SPA Employees
From: Human Resources
Date: February 1, 2014
Subject: Performance Evaluation Checklist.
Evaluation due date: April 30, 2014: Evaluation Status at "Evaluation Complete"
Please carefully review all of your Performance Evaluation Tabs before submitting them to the Evaluation Reviewer to review and approve as "Evaluation Complete." The checklist below was developed to assist you with completing the process in full. Incomplete reviews will be returned for completion with comments from HR directing you to revise any missing components. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact your college or department’s Business Officer or Executive Assistant , HR Specialist Steve Barnhart at 7-0657 or an HR Consultant (Kieffer Gaddis 7-0654, Ashley Soublet 7-0651, or Hal Walter 7-0655.)
Evaluation Details Tab
- List Evaluation Reviewer's name (Your direct supervisor) in Evaluation Reviewer field. If your Reviewer has been approved for a proxy, include the proxy's name in this field with the Evaluation Reviewer's name.
- Indicate the Evaluation Type as "Annual"' ; the Evaluation Cycle Begin Date as 03/01/2013, and the Evaluation Cycle End Date as 02/28/2014.
- Check the Method of Evaluation loading in from the Work Plan. If you want to add or delete any methods, make a note to include a comment in your comments box on the Overall Rating Tab.
- If you are going to allow your employee to self-report on accomplishments throughout the cycle before adding your own evaluation comments, please make sure Employee Self-Report is designated as a Method of Evaluation or add to Overall Rating tab.
SMART Goals (Expectations) Tab
- Edit each PRIORITIZED functional competency to add your comments as a Hiring Manager. Employee Self-Report is optional. Comments on any "Good" rating are optional (insert N/A in the text field if desired) but required for any rating other than "3=Good."
- Select a rating for each PRIORITIZED functional competency (any that is not marked "Not Applicable" under Priority Order.)
- Before Continuing to Next Page, check that each PRIORITIZED functional competency has been given a performance rating.
Behavioral Competencies Tab
- Edit each behavioral competency to add your comments as a Hiring Manager. Employee Self-Report is optional. Comments on any "Good" rating are optional (insert N/A in the text field if desired) but required for any rating other than "3=Good."
- Select a rating for each behavioral competency.
- Before Continuing to Next Page, check that each behavioral competency has been given a performance rating.
Attach Documents Tab
- For any employee you have rated a "2" or "1" in any single competency, attach a Performance Improvement Plan. Attach a plan for any Overall Rating below "3"
Overall Rating and Development Tab
- Assign Overall Rating
- Provide summary comments
- Complete Annual Career Development Plan
- Ensure that employee has initialed
- Take note of any employee comments
- If Evaluation has been returned to you after completion, check Human Resources comments for corrective action