Ready Set Go
During the pandemic, in lieu of the in-person Ready Set Go sessions, the Benefits Office is providing virtual consultation assistance to employees. Reference the process/resources below and contact the benefits consultant listed for questions or to schedule an appointment.
Schedule a counseling session through the UNC Charlotte Benefits Office
- TSERS retirement contact - Gina Ewart email@example.com 704-687-0647
- ORP retirement contact - Stephanie Lazzaro firstname.lastname@example.org 704-687-0648
Do not complete the online separation form. The benefits office will process your separation as a retirement instead.
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits
Beneficiary Updates are Easy with ORBIT: https://www.myncretirement.com/beneficiaries
ORP (Optional Retirement Plan)
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits
Understanding Your Medical Plan Options When You Become Medicare-eligible Webinars Under Way
The State Health Plan is offering online informational webinars on “Understanding Your Medical Plan Options When You Become Medicare-eligible.” These popular, free sessions are designed for active employees who will soon be 65, are already 65 or older, and retirees getting ready to turn 65.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is pleased to offer faculty the flexibility of the Phased Retirement Program. Phased Retirement enables a faculty member to enjoy the benefits of retirement while still teaching part-time for a 3-year period. The purpose of this website is to present some basic information about retiring from either the Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (TSERS) or the Optional Retirement Program (ORP).
Note: * General Statute 135-48.1(18) SL 2017-57 changed the eligibility for retiree health coverage. Members hired on or after Jan. 1, 2021 will not be eligible for retiree medical benefits. Click here for more detail.
Social Security Resource:
- Retirement Benefits Webpage: https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/
- Reference https://www.medicare.gov/ and click the tab noted for a drop down to gather the detail.
- Return all keys assigned to the Lockshop before leaving the University
- Return University ID cards, uniforms, tools/equipment (such as cell phones or lap top computers), phone cards, purchasing cards, all petty cash items (receipts and cash), and other university property
- Return any library materials and pay any outstanding fines
- Parking Services:
- Pay any outstanding fines
- Travel & Complex Payments
- Pay any outstanding travel advances, fees, etc.
General retirement counseling services
Judy Williamson, Associate and Retirement Counselor, Consulting Research Group
(919) 870.6822 (ext. 10291) | Judy.Williamson@captrustadvisors.com
- Social Security Administration
Lisa Wallace, Public Affairs Specialist
2201 Coronation Blvd Ste 100, Charlotte, NC 28227-6716
1-888-397-5615 x 21832 | Lisa.M.Wallace@ssa.gov
Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System TSERS
- Email NCRetirement@nctreasurer.com to schedule your Virtual Counseling Session with the retirement system. Put “Virtual Counseling” in the subject line of your email.
Optional Retirement Plan, UNC System 403b and 457 Supplemental Retirement Plans
(704) 614-4167 | email@example.com, Fidelity.com
401k and 457 Supplemental Retirement Plans
Rob Sipprell, CRC®
Retirement Counselor – Education Specialist| North Carolina Total Retirement Plans
704-219-9431 | firstname.lastname@example.org