2018 Employee of the Year Nomination Information
Nomination Deadline: 5 February 2018 5:00 PM EST
To submit a nomination, please use the online webform. If you are unable to use the webform, please send the required documents to Katherine Tomey in Human Resources.
Submitted nominations will not be considered complete unless they have all of the following components:
- Nomination form with signatures from the nominator and department head
- Written recommendation (Total length not to exceed 2 pages with 11 point font and 0.5" margins)
- Department head comments
Additional supporting documentation may be submitted if the individual is being nominated in the categories of Community/Public Service or Safety/Heroism.
Human Resources will forward the applications to the respective Vice Chancellor.
All permanent SHRA and EHRA staff members with two or more years of continuous service (at the time of nomination) are eligible for nomination. An exception may be considered if an employee with less than two years of service has engaged in an act of safety/heroism as defined below. Further information about eligibility can be found in PIM 44 and Policy Statement 101.11.
An employee can be nominated in one of the following 5 categories:
- Devotion to Duty: Through unselfish devotion to duty, far and above normal requirements, have contributed significant service to the University community
- Innovation: Have initiated and successfully established new and outstanding methods, practices, plans, or designs having fundamental values
- Human Relations: Have made outstanding contributions to the field of human relations, employee-management relations, or any allied field
- Community / Public Service: Have made outstanding contributions by participating in or implementing community and public service projects
- Safety/Heroism: Have demonstrated outstanding judgment, courage, or ability in an emergency; meritorious action or service to prevent injury, loss of life, or prevent damage to or loss of property