Procedure for new Student Employees 

Prior to working, you will need to:

"How to" video on steps to work on campus:  Click here

  • Complete Electronic - I9
  • Complete the Hiring Packet
    • You must print all pages.  Do not print back to back.
    • Use blue or black pen.
    • Each page will require for you to print your name in a designated area.
    • Some pages will require a signature, where indicated.
  • Bring the completed hiring packet (along with the required I-9 verification documents) to KING 222
  • I-9 Verification Documents - You must bring the original document(s) for identification and/or employment authorization.  The university cannot accept copied, faxed or e-mailed copies of documents.

Examples: If you have an unexpired US Passport or a Permanent Resident Card, you only need this document.  If you do not have either of these documents, you will need to bring both: an unexpired government issued photo ID (i.e. Student ID, Drivers License, or Military ID) and an employment authorization document (i.e. Social Security card or Birth certificate).   For a complete list of Acceptable I-9 documents, please click here.

Original social security card:  If you would like to submit your social security card and do not have the original, you may apply for a card and submit your receipt until your card arrives.  The Social Security Administration now has online services for residents of North Carolina available through its my Social Security portal at  If you are not a resident of NC, you can use this link for information on obtaining a new or replacement Social Security Card.